ICS Semi-Independent Services for Young People 16+ was launched in August 2009.
Since then ICS has been supporting young people from different age, ethnicity, background, religion etc.
At present, we support Young People in our 24-hour Units and shared or stand-alone accommodation. These units are located in Ilford, Forest Gate, Croydon and Streatham.
We are committed to providing individual support and care packages that embrace opportunities to:
- Improve health and well being
- Maximise quality of life
- Enable positive contribution
- Allow choice and control
- Engage in freedom from discrimination or harassment
- Develop life skills
- Facilitate personal dignity
- Promote Independence
We appreciate that some young people may have been living in a group living setting or within a substitute family setting and as such may have not had the support and guidance to help prepare them for independent living.
Person centered support
- Providing care and support that is focused on the individual, and their needs.
- Choice and Control – Service Users are allowed and supported to make choices.
- Learning – an approach that helps Service Users to try new things and learn new skills
- A care approach that values, and fosters good relationships
- Communication – speaking to people respectively and listening to what they have to say.